Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm sitting here watching my two boys play Bayblade in the loft with one dog in my lap and one at my feet and I am realizing what a perfect moment this is. I had a post on Facebook that reminded me to really take a step back and enjoy the little things. It's also the reason for my 'this too shall pass' tattoo, to remind me stop and smell the roses. I think it may be a downfall of a lot of moms especially those of us special needs mommas, we look so often at all the hurdles we have to overcome and not enough of these good moments. The kids are always growing and reaching for new things, I get so busy trying to keep up that I forget to look at the little things. Clay is a ball of energy, stories, and kindness all rolled into one. He's coming into his own right now so he is challenging our patience as parents at times but he is becoming such a good little man. Jude is about half done with the robotics program here at Riley Children's Hospital and he is progressing so well. Sometimes he amazes me, he only uses righty as a helper hand yet he is sitting here playing Bayblade (which is just a glorified and 'boy-ified' game of tops in case you haven't heard of the craze!) with his big brother. It really makes me thankful for what I have and all the work we put into these little members of society! Enjoy the little times!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: