Friday, June 17, 2011

Our start of home therapy

Well we've started to do our own therapy at home and I've had so much fun getting ready and trying to make things fun for us. I really want to keep up all the progress Jude made in Alabama and that means really focusing on home therapy. I've had some crazy ideas on how to make it fun so Jude will be excited to do it. I love to do crafty things and to make things especially if that will make doing the task easier!

So during our 4 hour therapy session on Wednesday I brainstormed a ton of ideas on how to make this more fun. This was what we started out with for our therapy at home on Wednesday.



We had a lot of fun playing in a way that practiced all his newly acquired skills. Loads of board games, magnets, and Play-doh.

Something I really want to focus on was holding things like trays and board games because it is something he will be doing a lot of in school. Jude likes to have a little extra time to do things so he feels comfortable. So one idea I had was to make him his own tray that he can use for coloring stuff, his marbles, or anything he wants it for! Here's how it turned out, he really likes it and I hope he'll want to practice with it.




Some families are all about princesses and dolls but we're more of a flame and pirate family! It was fun and turned out OK I think. I'll update with any more Fun-Therapy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fishers,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment