Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Only one more therapy day!

We are on the countdown, only 1 more day of therapy then we have a post test on Friday and will be out of Birmingham by noon! The end is near! It's been a long road but an incredibly beneficial one.

Jude is excelling at his bilateral tasks, today he worked on typing and it was even better than yesterday. Pretty soon he will be writing this blog by himself! They worked on a lot of strengthening and made himself an exercise video that he can take home. I know Clayton will get a kick out of it, they will both love seeing Jude on his very own video. It will be fun for us all to try to do some of the things he does like crab walking and planks. I am sure you would all love to be a fly on the wall for that! Maybe I can finally start to lose this baby weight...

I have been thinking a lot lately about when Jude was born and had to stay for a week in the NICU. For that week time stood still. Clayton was four at the time and my mom flew in the minute I went into labor so I didn't worry at all about him. I stayed in the hospital for the week because all 3 times I tried to leave I cried the entire time. After carrying a child for nine months, leaving the hospital without them is the hardest thing to do. I don't wish it on my worst enemy. Unfortunately time has not stood still for this month, it feels like our vacation to Florida was a million years ago. I miss Clayton, I miss Ryan, my parents, the dogs, I miss Indiana. I hear Jude talk to Clayton and I can hear their bond over the phone, they miss each other. But Friday we will head home and this time I drive to Fishers I won't feel like half of my heart was left behind. I can't help but think I will be better for it. I can't wait to wake up in the morning (yes, I said morning!!) with those two monkeys together. To hear them trade pokemon cards, play Legos, even bicker! It will be music to my ears. All these bumps in the road look like mountains without my family but ant hills with them. I am very grateful for what I have.

This month I've watched a beautiful little girl grow and progress so much, it reminds me of how far Jude has come, just like her. I've seen Jude be 100% boy, fishing and playing on playgrounds with his little buddy. I've actually listened and felt so much pride when someone told me I am doing a good thing by Jude. I have made friends here in Alabama, ones I am sad to leave. I have cried a million tears and smiled a million smiles. I have watched my son improve and impress me every day over again. I am happy our time here is coming to an end but I am so thankful for this opportunity. When Jude was first diagnosed with a stroke we didn't know if he would walk or talk, and just look at this child now. We have a lot to be thankful for, starting with being a part of Jude's life. I don't know who I rubbed the right way to get this family I have now but I wouldn't change it for the world.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Birmingham,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment