Monday, May 30, 2011

Back in Indy

I am back in Indy for the week and it is a great thing to be back with Ryan, Clayton and the dogs. Jude spent the day with Grandpa fishing and then having a BBQ with some friends of my dad. Clay caved pretty quickly after I got there, he said the words he'd never admit to, he missed me! He has been spending a lot of time with some of his really good friends, thank you to the Heitkamp's and Griffin's for all the play times! It was great just listening to him, a good thing since he talked the whole night. It's good to be home with my four guys.

In the same breath, Saturday was one of the hardest days I've had in my life. For two weeks Jude and I have been together most of every day. My heart feels like it's in two different places, Alabama with Jude and here with CJ and Ryan. Everything we do feels like it's missing a piece. We had an amazing dinner the other night but it just didn't feel right without Jude. He has called me at nights and says he misses me and wishes I could come back to Alabama. But Clay needs me here but Jude there and I'm not sure what is fair. Both of the boys are so brave and trying to make the best of the situation. I wish I could be two places.

Sunday was better than Saturday and today was even better. Jude went back to work today, there are no vacations in therapy! My dad really wanted to be there to learn more ways he could help Jude with therapy so I am sure they had a productive day. Grandpa will also be the tomorrow but then daddy gets to go to Alabama. Ryan is leaving tomorrow to work in Kentucky and will drive right from there to Birmingham. Then Ryan and Jude will drive 3 hours north on Saturday to meet me in Nashville for the weekend. I will be in Birmingham for the last week of therapy. Busy rest of the month for us.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial day weekend. Thank you to all our military and their families. Hug your kiddos extra tight tonight for the families that can't be together.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment