Friday, May 20, 2011

You can take the boy out of Wisconsin but you can't take Wisconsin out of Jude. Today Jude frosted cookies with Ms Jackie today and he chose white and red icing, just for Wisconsin. He did a great job spreading out the icing with his right hand and putting m&ms on with a pincer grasp.



Then, much to my amazement, Jude practiced tying a shoe. Ms Jackie was his lefty and righty was looping and crossing like crazy! Snce he wears a brace on his foot Velcro shoes just don't work for him and the thought of him being to manipulate the small laces didn't cross my mind before now. So after therapy we got a new pair of Tye Dye Converse shoes with blue and checkered shoe laces. Righty will be in charge of the checkered ones while lefty will get the blue ones once he is freed. Jude is very excited!

We also watched the Sword in the Stone tonight which is a great movie. We both really enjoyed it. We ate yummy Yankees pizza which is a pizzeria here in Birmingham that we will sadly miss. Jude has already asked if we could bring a pizza home to Clayton.

Tomorrow is the only Saturday that we have therapy and it will be the only weekend I am with Jude alone. On week 3 of therapy Grandpa is coming down for a couple days then Ryan is going to be down for the rest of that week. Even though I am going to miss Jude I know he will have a really good time with the boys week. I am looking forward to seeing Clayton, I really miss him. Jude is already planning his arrival back home, he says he wants to have a bonfire and stay over at Grandma's house then have another party at our house with Lauren then have a Grandma and him only day, I think he misses her!

I am continuously talking to Jude about how we are going to carry over our therapy back to Indiana and I hope he is remembering a little bit! It's amazing how many bad habits Ms Jackie has to retrain. Jude has a lot of pronation in his wrist (where his thumb goes towards the floor rather than even with his pinky) and it's really hard for him to stop turning in. But today when I did some stretching to that muscle I lost my breath. His range in his wrist has increased so much in just one week. For all my tx friends who know what I am talking about, he increased supination probably 5 degrees in a week! So the results are speaking for itself, I have to believe all the frustration is worth it. I guess it is for now, we will keep you updated until we know for sure!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment