Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun day with Clay

Today Clayton had to go back to school so I had my first day alone. Ryan went to work in Kentucky today but is on his way to Alabama right now. Tomorrow ends Grandpa's reign on camp Jude. I think both Jude and Grandpa had fun this week but I think it was a little difficult for my dad to see how hard Jude works. Ryan is going to work while he is out with Jude, we are lucky that he works for a great company. On Saturday Ryan, Jude, and I are going to meet up in Nashville, TN for the weekend. If anyone reading this blog has any ideas on where to go in Nashville, leave me a comment!

I pampered myself today, after Clayton went to school I laid in bed and pet the dogs for a while. I miss them so much when I am gone, it's hard to believe they are just dogs. I no longer have 2 automatic vacuums picking up everything Jude drops. Jude is the same as me, he misses them a ton. He uses Blake and Otis as motivation and his goal when coming home from Alabama is to be able to pick up all 25 lbs of Otis. I'm so glad my kids are animal lovers like me.

So tonight got to be a Clayton and mom night and I couldn't have asked for more. Sometimes I think Clay feels lost in the shuffle because we are always doing different therapies for Jude and stuff. He knows he is loved very much but sometimes it's easy to feel like you don't get enough time. We made son-cones then slushies with our new electric son-cone maker. This year we upgraded because moms hand was getting sore from cranking the manual one so often last year. Then we played Sorry and he beat my pants off. Now we are upstairs reading before bed. He said that he is really glad I'm his mom because I have shared my love for reading with them. He's so sweet.

Tomorrow I will be planting flowers all day, it's the little things in life! I think I am procrastinating on the things that I have to do a little bit. Before we left for Acquire therapy the school system told us Jude didn't qualify for their special needs program next year in kindergarten. So I need to start my research on the appeal. Better get an early start, good night all!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment