Thursday, May 26, 2011

The best day

As for today, it is going down in history as one of the best days ever. Jude did great in therapy today, he started to play the keys on the piano today. It is really difficult for him to isolate his fingers to push one key. There are a lot of pieces to playing the keyboard that have to all work together at the same time. He has to hold his wrist up and open his fingers then push down with just one key with the correct finger. Thumby is really good at it and tall man does pretty well but he tends to curl his fingers when he is concentrating on something else. But he was doing well with it for the first day of trying so there is lots of work to be done. It will definitely be added to our home program when we are done in 2 WEEKS! I can't believe it has gone by so fast. Of course it feels like forever since we've been home it feels like we just started yesterday.

Today was a wonderful day for me, I met another mom who's child had a stroke just like Jude. She too is affected on her right side. I was able to go out to lunch with her without the kids and we didn't stop talking the entire 2 hours. Then her and her daughter came over for dinner tonight so the kids got to meet each other too. Jude was so excited to have someone near his size and that had a stroke and a cast on too. I am sure he is going to tell everyone about his new friend. I have a great support group that I am lucky to be a part of back in Indy, I love my CP Mom's group mommas! They are the best and it is such a wonderful thing to get away with ladies who know what types of struggles we face on a daily basis. It's hard to understand unless you have a special needs kid. But I have never met someone who had a child with CP due to a stroke. It was amazing how similar their stories of birth and diagnosis are. So it was a wonderful thing to be able to talk with a really cool woman and have the kids play with someone like them. In between all those playdates for mom and kid, Jude and I were able to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 which came out today. It was a great movie and Jude is at such a fun age for it. During the scary parts I could feel him jump and his heart race and the during the happy parts he was laughing right alone with the characters, it was fun.

So now I am sitting in the apartment with Jude snoring away thinking how lucky I am. I am lucky to have a wonderful set of boys who make me laugh daily, a great group of CP moms that I can connect with, an incredibly supportive family, and now new friends. Life has some bumpy roads I will be the first to admit that but I will be sure to enjoy the sights and experiences along the way! I hope you all do as well.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Birmingham,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment