Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The days are long but the years are short

So not sure if this is the way in every family or not but when I was a kid and we had an emergency my mom (who faints when getting her finger pricked) was always the one who held it together for as long as she had to. No matter how much blood or how gross our broken bones were she was always as strong as a rock. That is until my dad arrived, then she broke down! I tried to be like her today; shhh, don't tell anyone, I swore I'd never say that out loud! It's hard seeing your child struggle, I just want to go help him but I know it's not doing him any favors. I know at some point we, as parents, need to let them spread their wings and do things themselves. I just never knew it would be this hard or this soon. Someone pass me a brick to put on this child's head so he'll stop getting bigger!

Jude again was amazing today. He is able to hold a cup in his right hand and drink from it which I never expected this soon. He is getting stronger by the minute it seems. He was doing obstacle courses all day today and was so proud of himself when he pushed the big toy bin across the room. I hope our downstairs neighbor works during the day! After therapy we hit the mall for the movie Rio. Apparently no one else goes to the 2:30 show on a weekday so we had the theater all to ourselves. We were on a roll so before dinner we went to the grocery store for some Popsicles. Tomorrow we are going to take a walk on the hiking trail behind our apartment; I hear there may be a park we can visit. We're even going to have a home cooked dinner after.

It's been nice here in Alabama because we're not racing around we have the time to read at night. We brought The Magic Treehouse books along and Jude loves to read a couple of chapters before bed. He is so excited to hear what happens that he'll only read one page then I have to read the rest!

I can't believe next year he will be in kindergarten, we are working towards holding a tray so he's ready for that in September. There are a lot of school type skills he will be learning to do in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you posted with all the skills he's learning!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Birmingham,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment