Monday, May 23, 2011

Case of the Monday's

Today was harder than some, I think we both had a case of the Monday's. Jude had to have a lot of reminders today to keep his wrist up and watch his fingers to keep them straight. I hope it wasn't because we didn't work hard enough on our day off yesterday. Jackie said that sometimes kiddos take one step back to take three steps forward and I hope this is the case. I'm worried about leaving and seeing a lot of regression. Last time we came there was a bit of regression but we followed the rules and kept up with the home program so minimized it a bit. One of the rules was that he eat breakfast and lunch with his right hand and he still does that three years later. But he is getting over 120 hours of therapy during this 21 day treatment time and that is something I can't compete with. I'm making thousands of notes trying to remember the little cues or where Jackie puts her hand to make Jude supinate, I just hope it works.

Got a wonderful package from Granny and Gramps today and that lifted the spirits. Of course, as always, Granny picks out the best books and we read a book totally appropriate book called Courage. I told Jude how I thought he was the most courageous 5year old boy I have ever met and he gave me a big (righty!) hug. We loved it, thank you so much for sending the love.

Tomorrow is our first cast change and I am a bit nervous about it. When he had serial casting in conjunction with Botox the first time he got a cut on his little foot that is still a scar. I know they took such great care in padding the cast because I think they like Jude almost as much as we do but it just scares me. He is going to get a bit of time out of the cast to work on some bilateral tasks (like tying his shoe!) and take a bath. I hope it all goes well, I know it will, just the worrier in me! I will post photos of his new cast tomorrow!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Birmingham,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment