Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Unbelievable


I always had faith that there was something bringing us back to UAB. Jude had great results last time but not without struggles. It's a hard road we're on but we've been on this before, I know there is something that made all these hard times worth it. It clicked last night, Jude spontaneously stretched with his right arm. Jude was so relaxed that he woke up for a minute, reached up and straightened his elbow then went back to sleep like that. It was amazing. Now I am tired because I spent half the night watching him!

Yesterday was a hard day; we both were tired, missing home, and a bit off. Jackie (Jude's therapist) told us that sometimes we take one step back for some great gains and she could not have been more correct. Today he is able to supinate better, push and lift heavier weights, and use a pincer grasp like a pro. Such a better day and it's only half into it! I usually write about our day in the evening after Jude goes to bed but I was just so excited to let everyone know about the progress. Last night it was like a bucket of water dropped on me when I saw Jude extend his arm, it makes all the hard work worth it. I guess that is why you have to have faith in your decisions as a parent that you are doing the right thing. Last night proved that to me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Birmingham,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment